How do I request a book in the Library Catalog?
Requesting a book through the Library Catalog is easy!
- Conduct a search in the Library Catalog.
- Click the "Request it" button listed within the record of the item you would like to request.
- Enter your name and library barcode (not your J number, but the number starting with 25159...).
- Choose the Denver copy of the book.
- Click the "Submit" button.
If the status of the book is "available" when you request it, the item should be available for pick up within 24-48 hours. If the item is checked out when you request it, the patron that currently has the item will have another 7 days to use the book before they need to return it. In either case, you will receive an email notice when the item is available for pick up.