Can I check out a reference book? What books can't be checked out?
Books found in the Library's Reference Collection (books with transparent yellow labels over the call number) cannot be checked out.
The Library has placed duplicate copies of some of its popular reference titles, including the World Food and Culinaria series, on Reserve at the Check Out Desk. These titles can be checked out for 7 days.
In addition, the Library has begun purchasing electronic versions of some of its more popular reference titles. Some of these titles include:
- CREDO Reference (includes numerous encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference works)
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- Food Culture in... series (available via ABC-CLIO e-book collection)
- Marketresearch.com Academic
- Richard K Miller Market Research Handbooks
- SDRS (ConsumerMagazine Advertising Source, Interactive Advertising Source, Local Market Audience Analyst, Lifestyle Market Analyst, Newspaper Advertising Source, Radio Advertising Source, and TV & Cable Source)